We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Platform. We use this information to, among other things, provide the functionality and improve the quality of our Platform and personalize your experience.
We may collect your personal information including:
- full name
- email address
- post code
- mobile number
- billing information
- booking history
When you visit our Platform, we may automatically collect your location, computer operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our Platform. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Platform using certain technologies, such as:
- Web Beacons. We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Platform or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell whether you open an email and act upon it.
We use personal information collected through our Platform for the purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Platform or otherwise in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- Make and change your appointments made through our Platform;
- Offer you, or provide you with, products and services, such as Barba Gift Cards and Merchant Gift Cards and the option to pay your bill at a Merchant through our Platform;
- Email Barba Gift Cards and Merchant Gift Cards to designated recipients;
- Operate and improve our Platform, products, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance, personalize, and customize your experience and enjoyment using our Platform, products, and services, such as understanding your appointment history to make recommendations about other Merchants you may like;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Display relevant advertising;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Send you information relating to our products and services, including reservation confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Barba, our subsidiaries, and affiliates; select Merchants; and our other selected partners;
- Link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Authenticate your credit or debit card account information;
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity. By providing your mobile phone number, you expressly consent to receive direct dial calls, autodialed and prerecorded message calls, and text messages from us relating to our product and services at that number.
Barba may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
- Information Shared with Merchants. When you make an appointment through our Platform, your information is provided to us and to the Merchant with whom you choose to make the appointment. In order to facilitate your appointment, your information is provided to that Merchant, just as it would if you made an appointment by calling the Merchant, emailing the Merchant, or using the Merchant"™s website. If you provide a mobile phone number, Merchants may send you text messages regarding your reservation. Some Merchants also require you to provide credit or debit card account information to secure your appointment. When you make an appointment through our Platform we may also share with the Merchants additional information, such as information about your history or information that we collect via Third-Party Platforms. You also have the option of indicating special preferences or providing comments about your appointment that Barba will pass on to that Merchant.
- We may share with Merchants summary reports of feedback from clients. If you provide comments about a Merchant through our Platform, these comments may be shared with that Merchant. We will not tie your comments with other information that can identify you, but a Merchant may be able to tell who you are from your comments, particularly if you give your name in the comments or provide contact information, such as an email address.
- Information you choose to share with a Merchant when you make an appointment and/or pay a Merchant through our Platform may be used by the Merchant for its own purposes. Barba does not control the privacy practices of Merchants. Please contact the Merchant directly if you want to learn about its privacy practices.
- Information Shared with Gift Card Merchants. If you purchase a Merchant Gift Card or redeem an Barba Gift Card for a Merchant Gift Card) through our Platform, we notify the applicable issuer of the Merchant Gift Card and provide it with certain related information about your purchase or redemption, including your name, email address, and the amount of the Merchant Gift Card.
- Payment Card Information. To use certain services on our Platform, such as to make appointments with certain Merchants; to make payments to Barba; and to purchase Barba Gift Cards, Merchant Gift Cards, or other products or services, we may require credit or debit card account information. By submitting your credit or debit card account information through our Platform, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers, and you further agree to the following terms. Barba collects and processes all payments on behalf of merchants through recognized professional payment gateway providers.
When you use a credit or debit card to secure a reservation through our Platform, we provide your credit or debit card account information (including card number and expiration date, but excluding the CVV number) to our third-party payment service providers.
If you purchase Barba Gift Cards or Merchant Gift Cards from us, we collect the credit or debit card account information from you. We share this information with our third-party payment service providers in order to process your payments. These third parties may also store your credit or debit card information, other than your CVV number, for your future use on our Platform. Your CVV number will not be stored and must be re-entered for each order.
For information about the security of your credit or debit card account information, see Section called "Security of Your Personal Information" below.
- Information You Share Socially. Our Platform may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends on Third-Party Platforms such as Facebook or Instagram. Our Platform may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use Third-Party Platforms, including those on which Barba has a presence.
Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. Barba also does not control the privacy practices of Third-Party Platforms. Please contact those platforms and services directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices.
- Sharing with Others. We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as described above and as follows:
We may share personal information when you authorize us to share your information with other third parties (such as the Merchants at which you make appointments through our Platform) for their own marketing purposes, which are subject to the separate privacy policies of such third parties.
We may share personal information with affiliates, third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for us.
We may share your credit or debit card account information with third parties as described in the section called "Payment Card Information" above.
We may share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by our Platform.
We share personal information with third parties who provide services to us, such as data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, and site analytics, as well as assistance with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties may view, edit, or set their own cookies. We and our third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also place web beacons for these third parties. The use of these technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy.
We may disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties in our discretion.
Barba takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our Platform or through our Platform, it will be protected by encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
To be clear, Barba does not itself store your credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. Our contracts with third parties that receive your credit or debit card account information require them to keep it secure and confidential.
Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or personal information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by Barba or our third-party service providers. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your Barba account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Barba by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Barba account or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences or changes to your information, including requests to opt out of sharing your personal information with third parties, to our contact information below.
- Cookie choices. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Platform.
- Application location choices. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Platform
For questions or opinions on this Policy, please contact Barba via email at email@example.com.
Updated - November 2021